Friday, March 6, 2020

Introducing Queen Myrtle




Queen Myrtle took two days to do her hair. Frizzy, clunky, too many bows. “Is it a bob, a clod, a clattering clunk?” She finally gave up. There were more pressing problems to get into a funk about.

This is the first drawing on the first page of "Queen Myrtle, A Seven Storied Tale" by John Kelley (me).  I have permission to post these as they develop. I will begin working on her sister Leaves today. She will be just behind Myrtle.

Please note that I'm having a terrible time figuring out how to scan/photograph these drawings properly. The image above is a jacked-up photoshop version.  If you would like to see a more accurate (though darker) version of the pencil work please check out my Instagram feed @jkelleyart.

No comments:

Post a Comment