Friday, April 4, 2014

I am now on Instagram



Sunday, February 9, 2014

Fruit Jar

"Fruit Jar"  ,  20"  x  30"  , Oil
by John Kelley


"Words"  ,  17"  x  26"  ,  Oil
John Kelley

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Sketchbook Experiments

My daughter loves to go out and sketch.  It's not something I have done a lot of over the years and I still find myself trying to find what way of sketching I enjoy the most.  Below are a variety of things I have tried this summer.

Friday, July 12, 2013

Studio Things

Studio Things    12X16     by John Kelley

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

My Front Door

My wife asked me to paint the door this summer, so when she and the kids went on vacation I did this. Thankfully she liked it!

Monday, July 8, 2013


"Bottled-Up"   12"x16"   by John Kelley

Not My Camera

"Not My Camera"   12" x16"   by John Kelley

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Friday, May 10, 2013

The Coffee Grinder

5"x7", Pen and Ink sketch by John Kelley

7"x5" Pen and Ink Sketch by John Kelley

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Original Pen and Ink Drawing - I Rose and Drew Roses with Rosy Delight

"I Rose and Drew Roses with Rosy Delight"
Original Pen and Ink, 5x7
by John Kelley

I recently purchased an art pen for my students.  I started this drawing with it and it's not very good.  All of the little dots are a result of that pen. The lines without dots are the ones done with my fountain pen.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013